The objective os programme
The objective of the programme, which is based in mutual help and support, is the linguistic and cultural exchange between both parties, the host family and the English speaking person. The student or candidate will live as a member of their host family during his/her stay in Spain, i.e. 15 days or a month (there is the possibility of semesters with different durations and prices).
The student´s main contribution to the family will be practising his/her native language with them.The host family also commits themselves to spend time every day speaking in Spanish with the student to improve his/her Spanish language skills. There is no time limit established for this given that the visitor is immersed in the Spanish culture.
It is Zephania’s desire that the benefits of this exchange programme be accessible to everyone who is interested, therefore those who we consider to be a student/ candidate are:
- Those who are studying Spanish;
- those who have studied Spanish a long time ago and would like to refresh it;
- those who have a basic level of Spanish and would like to know more about the Spanish culture and, at the same time, try to help others to improve their level of English;
- those who are aged 18 or over.
Families that can be considered as hosts are:
- Families with teenage children or older;
- families with small children;
- families without children;
- people who live on their own.